This section contains links to websites about child welfare services, social services, and health and care services, including supervision of these services. There are also links to websites about other related topics relevant in Norway.
Below is a list of links to the most important government bodies in the fields of child welfare, health and social services
- The Norwegian Biotechnology Advisory Board (Bioteknologinemnda)
- Norwegian Labour and Welfare Organisation (Arbeids- og velferdsforvaltningen (Nav))
- The Ministry of Children and Equality (Barne- og likestillingsdepartementet (BLD))
- Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs (Barne-, ungdoms- og familiedirektoratet (Bufetat))
- The Ministry of Health and Care Services (Helse- og omsorgsdepartementet (HOD))
- Norwegian Food Safety Authority (Mattilsynet)
- Norwegian Institute of Public Health (Folkehelseinstituttet (FHI))
- Health Services Research Centre (Nasjonalt kunnskapssenter for helsetjenesten) (from 2016 part of Norwegian Institute of Public Health)
- The Norwegian System of Compensation to Patients (Norsk pasientskadeerstatning (NPE))
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health (Helsedirektoratet)
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (Arbeids- og sosialdepartementet (ASD))
- Radiation Protection Authority (Statens strålevern (NRPA))
- The Appeals Board for Health Personnel (Statens helsepersonellnemnd (HPN)) (only in Norwegian)
- The Norwegian Medicines Agency (Statens legemiddelverk (SLV))
- The Storting (Stortinget, the Norwegian Parliament)
Statistics Norway http://www.ssb.no/en/
On the web site: Nordic Welfare DataBASE
NOMESCO (Nordic Medico Statistical Committee)
A useful collection of comparable health statistics for the Nordic countries is to be found in NOMESCO’s publication Health Statistics in the Nordic Countries.
The statistics cover the following topics:
- population and fertility
- morbidity, medical treatment, accidents and medicine
- mortality and causes of death.
The publication also contains useful, updated text in English about:
- Organization of health services
- Current and future changes in the health services
- Organization and responsibility for the health sector
- Supervision of health services
- Charges for health care.
On the web site: Nordic Welfare DataBASE
NOSOSCO (Nordic Social Statistical Committee)
A useful collection of comparable social statistics for the Nordic countries.
- The Right to Decide over One's Own Life – An Action Plan to Combat Negative Social Control, Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation (2017-2020)
- Children Living in Poverty The Government's Strategy (2015–2017)
- Dementia Plan 2020 2016
- Revocation of Medical Licences in the UK and Norway A comparative investigation Mears A, Hem HE. London and Vestfold: Høgskolen i Buskerud og Vestfold, London South Bank University, 2014.
- National health preparedness plan 2014
- Care Plan 2020 The Norwegian Government's plan for the care services field for 2015–2020
- National Strategy against Antibiotic Resistance (2015-2020)
- The primary health and care services of tomorrow – localised and Integrated Meld. St. 26 (2014–2015)
- A healthy look at Norway. Facts and figures about health and health services in Norway Statistics Norway 2014
- OECD Health Policy in Your Country Norway
- OECD Reviews of Health Care Quality: Norway 2014
- An external peer evaluation of the Norwegian Board of Health Supervision by the European Partnership of Supervisory Organisations in Health Services and Social Care (EPSO)
- Public Health Report. Good health – a common responsibility. Meld. St. 34 (2012–2013) Report to the Storting (White Paper)
- High Quality - Safe Services. Quality and Patient safety in the Health and Care Services. Report to the Storting (white paper) Summary. Meld. St. 10 (2012-2013)
- The changing national role in health system governance. A case-based study of 11 European countries and Australia. WHO 2013
- Norway and health. An introduction. This publication gives a brief introduction to the principal elements of the structure and activities of the Norwegian health system. 2012
- Nordic health care systems. Recent reforms and current policy Challenges. WHO 2009
- Offshore Health Services. Publications and Forms. The County Governor of Rogaland has a nationwide role in the regulation of health and hygiene in Norway's offshore oil and gas sector.
- World Health Organization – Norway
- Ministry of Children and Equality – Publications in English
- Ministry of Health and Care Services – Publications in English
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs – Publications in English
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health – Publications in English